Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Teasing rules apart

Based on the chart in my previous post, the most interesting pair of candidates to look at is D10+D12+D13 and D10+D12+D13+E. I went through the first 17 predefined formulas on the dialogues site, for the following results (formulas of particular note have been highlighted in red):
FormulaD10+D12+D13D10+D12+D13+E
Excluded middlenot validnot valid
Peircenot validvalid
WEMnot validnot valid
Cond. EMnot validnot valid
Dummettnot validnot valid
DNIvalidvalid
DNEvalidvalid
Kvalidvalid
Bvalidvalid
Cvalidvalid
Wvalidvalid
Scotttried to depth 36tried to depth 20
Smetanichtried to depth 24valid
DM1validvalid
DM2validvalid
DM3validvalid
DM4validvalid
The ones where I tried to a certain depth I'm pretty sure are not valid because of the existence of infinite branches. I don't have a proof of this yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment