Thursday, June 23, 2011

Proof of BC 1

I was pretty sure that I had an easy way to prove Bold Conjecture #1, and I ran it by Jesse; all I had to say was "induction + pigeonhole principle" and he essentially rattled off the rest, which was good confirmation for me that my intuition was right. I should probably still write it up in full detail, but essentially, it is this:
Proof: Assume round n is the first time where O violates E, that is, he references some round ni such that i≠ 1. Assume further that this is the first time that round ni has been referenced. Now, look at round (ni)+1. What move does O reference here? If it is not ni, then, contra assumption, round n is not the first round where E has been violated. If it is ni, then, contra assumption, round n is not the first round where ni is referenced. QED.

No comments:

Post a Comment